Charles P. Daly Medal



The Charles P. Daly Medal was established in 1902 by the will of Judge Charles P. Daly, President of AGS from 1864 to 1899. He stipulated that it be awarded by the Society “…for valuable or distinguished geographical services or labors.” The first design for this medal was the work of Victor D. Brenner, but in 1924 the dies were destroyed and the current design was executed by Brenda Putnam.

American Geographical Society – Charles P. Daly Medal