Charles P. Daly Medal

Charles P. Daly Medal


Created in 1902 by then-AGS President Charles Daly, he stipulated that it be awarded by the Society “…for valuable or distinguished geographical services or labors.” This medal was originally designed by Victor D. Brenner, but the destruction of the printing dies caused the medal to require a new design. The current design was made in 1924 by Brenda Putnam.