Episode Three: YouthMappers: Connecting through the Map
May 5, 2020
Dr. Nuala Cowan, Dr. Patricia Solís, and Ms. Marcela Zeballos, leaders of YouthMappers, join the American Geographical Society Podcast to discuss how their network of young mappers is changing the map and aiding response to COVID-19 in communities around the world. Hear also from YouthMapper Regional Ambassador Maria Fernanda Peña Valencia about how her chapter in Medellín, Colombia has activated their mapping skills to contribute vital geographical data during the pandemic.
Interested in learning more about YouthMappers?
- Read the YouthMappers blog
- Watch the map to see where YouthMappers are working all over the world
- Join a chapter or support a project
- Learn about the Let Girls Map Campaign
- Get involved in YouthMappers COVID-19 Response
- Check out the HusdonValleyMappers (Vassar College) Dutchess County Community Resources Web Map
- Follow @youthmappers on Twitter or Facebook