APPLY TO BE AN AGS COUNCIL FELLOW
The fellowship is open to all student members of the American Geographical Society, both Masters and Doctoral students. Each fellowship is worth $1,500 and four will be awarded in 2020. The AGS Council Fellowships Program considers all proposals concerned with any sub-field of geography. The program encourages but does not require a fieldwork component.
The application deadline is Friday, November 1, 2019.
To be considered, applicants must be current members of the American Geographical Society and enrolled in a graduate or doctoral program.
Proposals should contain the following components:
- A cover page containing the project name, applicant’s name, position, affiliation, telephone number, postal address, and email address.
- A narrative that outlines the proposed research, specifies the reasons for doing the research by placing it in the context of published work and describes how results will be disseminated.
- A bibliography, containing only those items cited in the narrative.
- An abbreviated curriculum vitae emphasizing factors that illustrate the applicant’s competence/experience in the proposed area of research.
- A budget (maximum $1,500) itemizing expenses, with a brief justification for each expense category (500-word count).
For submission inquires, contact us at email@example.com.