APPLY TO BE AN AGS GEOGRAPHY TEACHER FELLOW
AGS is no longer accepting applications for the Class of 2019-2020 starting April, 29th. Please note, all applicants must be an active Human Geography teacher. Late applications or applications that do not fit the eligibility requirements will not be considered. The deadline to apply was June 23, 2019.
- Applicants of the AGS Geography Teacher Fellows Initiative must be an active Human Geography teacher during their term as a Fellow.
- Upon acceptance, selected Fellows acquire Principal permission for and commit to attending the entire Symposium and related activities on November 21-23, 2019.
- Returning teachers must be at least one year removed from their previous Fellowship to be eligible to apply for the 2019-2020 Class. (i.e.: the current 2018-2019 class is not eligible to apply for the 2019-2020 group.)
*Please note, in order to provide as many teachers the opportunity to attend the AGS Fall Symposium, Teacher Fellows who are unable to attend Geography 2050 on November 21-23, 2019 will have their acceptance deferred one year so that we are able to invite another deserving Teacher.
Teacher Fellow Benefits
Over the course of the year, Teacher Fellows are eligible for:
- Complimentary registration to Geography 2050: Borders and a Borderless World
- Participation in an exclusive Mapathon with TeachOSM (OpenStreetMap)
- Participation in a Workshop centered on Symposium presentations and how to transfer information to a classroom setting
- Semester-long Web-mapping webinar series designed to introduce OpenStreetMap to your classroom
- Nation-wide Mapping Contest with other Teacher Fellows
- Professional development certificates to count toward development hours (upon request)
- Continued participation in professional development Teacher Fellow activities
- Selected teachers receive a lifetime professional level affiliation with AGS
Application and Selection Process
Selected Teacher Fellows’ Events and Activities
(All notifications about upcoming events such as Webinars, will be emailed directly to selected Teacher Fellows.)
PROGRAM SPONSORS AND CONTRIBUTORS
The AGS Geography Teacher Fellows Initiative is made possible through the generous contributions and volunteer efforts of our sponsors and contributors. Click on their logos to go directly to their sites