APPLY TO BE AN AGS GEOGRAPHY TEACHER FELLOW
AGS is no longer accepting applications. Please note, all applicants must be an active Human Geography teacher. Late applications or applications that do not fit the eligibility requirements will not be considered.
*Please note, press releases are issued for each selected Teacher Fellow. Upon selection, teachers receive a congratulatory letter along with a PR information form to complete.
- Applicants of the AGS Geography Teacher Fellows Initiative must be an active Human Geography teacher during their term as a Fellow.
- Upon acceptance, selected Fellows acquire Principal permission for and commit to attending the entire Symposium and related activities on November 16-20, 2020.
- Returning teachers must be at least one year removed from their previous Fellowship to be eligible to apply for the 2020-2021 Class. (i.e.: the current 2019-2020 class is not eligible to apply for the 2020-2021 group.)
*Please note, in order to provide as many teachers the opportunity to attend the AGS Fall Symposium, Teacher Fellows who are unable to attend Geography 2050 on November 19-20, 2020 will have their acceptance deferred one year so that we are able to invite another deserving Teacher.
Teacher Fellow Benefits
Over the course of the year, Teacher Fellows are eligible for:
- Complimentary registration to GEOGRAPHY 2050: The Future of the World Ocean
- Participation in an exclusive Mapathon with TeachOSM (OpenStreetMap)
- Participation in a Workshop centered on Symposium presentations and how to transfer information to a classroom setting
- Semester-long Web-mapping webinar series designed to introduce OpenStreetMap to your classroom
- Professional development certificates to count toward development hours (upon request)
- Continued participation in professional development Teacher Fellow activities
- Selected teachers receive a lifetime professional level affiliation with AGS
Application and Selection Process
- Accepting Applications——————————————————————- April 27, 2020 to June 30, 2020
- Announcement of Selection———————————————————–TBD
- Deadline for PR information (only for selected teachers)————TBD
- Distribution of PR (selected teachers)——————————————TBD
Selected Teacher Fellows’ Events and Activities
- Geography 2050 Fall Symposium————————————————November 16-20, 2020
- Teacher Fellows Workshop———————————————————-TBD
- Mapping Events———————————————————————-TBD
(All notifications about upcoming events such as Webinars, will be emailed directly to selected Teacher Fellows.)